If your marketing efforts have inspired your customer to make the jump and visit your eCommerce store, we believe it’s your duty as a business to support and guide them through the online experience so they can achieve what they set out to do.
The homepage sets the tone of your brand messaging and services both new and returning customers as a “shop front” from which their browsing experience begins. A strong first impression will shape a new customers’ perception of the brand and influence if they choose to continue further. They’ll be seeking to answer:
“Is this a brand for me?”
“What can I do on this site?”
“What range of products does this brand sell?”
Answers to these questions are achieved through a deliberate and focused curation of design aesthetics, product merchandising and copywriting that is suitable for and resonates with your audience. Returning customers will be looking for clearly signposted pathways into seasonal content, sales or new arrivals. Above all, the homepage must be fast loading, clear in message and function as a useful gateway into your product catalogue and content.
Does your site perform in this way?
• Set a good first impression with an aesthetically pleasing layout with large, high-quality bespoke imagery
• Use descriptive button and link micro copy – not ‘shop now’, ‘view more’ or ‘continue’
• Place a primary content Call to Action clearly above the fold on mobile
• Apply an appropriate delay before triggering a newsletter signup interstitial
• Use a USP bar to highlight benefit-oriented clickable messages