Location: Manchester city centre office
RetroFuzz is a leading independent design agency with a core client base in music, fashion, lifestyle and digital innovation. From industry leading experience in the creation of digital tools for the music industry, to effective websites and brand communications for global fashion and lifestyle brands, the quality and volume of our work has gained us a strong reputation for creative and effective execution.
Following a series of significant project wins for 2014 inline with our planned strategic growth we are looking to significantly expand our team.
In all roles we are looking for passionate, positive, keen and inquisitive individuals who are not afraid to explore new avenues of working, thinking and creating. It's all about being positive, analytical and a real stickler for the details. Shining optimism, spirit and a willingness to question and debate are essential.
If you're in tune with this work ethic and have the specific skills and experience we are seeking, please contact us - we'd love to meet you.
Salary: Very competitive salaries offered, negotiable based on experience.
We are looking for experienced Developers to support the current RetroFuzz developer team in the creation of industry leading digital products. You'll be working closely with our design and development teams on a range of projects and clients creating and nurturing experiences for websites and apps across varying platforms for our clients in music, fashion, lifestyle.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Hand-coding HTML / CSS / JS to ensure cross-platform and cross-browser optimisation on responsive websites
- Hand-coding PHP / MySQL that ensures security and scalability
- Ability to design and develop relational database systems
- Integrate databases with websites where required
- Ability to work from Photoshop files and create pixel accurate HTML / CSS code
- Identify and manage debugging and browser quirk corrections
- Ability to work with JSON and APIs in general, such as Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, SoundCloud, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, etc;
- Monitoring web server and site technical performance on high traffic websites
- Ability to work with object-oriented principles
- Ability to build and deploy iOS/Android applications beneficial
- Commercial experience as a developer
- Understanding of differences in interactions across platforms
- Have a strong awareness of emerging technology and web standards
- Good communication skills
- Exceptionally organised person who is a stickler for detail able to work to multiple deadlines
- Confidence and determination to see projects through to successful completion
- Be independent, pro-active, disciplined, self motivated, open, honest and flexible
- Computer Science degree beneficial
If you have specific commercial experience in a similar role please send your CV, covering letter and relevant work examples to email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES THANK YOU.