RetroFuzz - Developer Required
Location: Manchester city centre office
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
We're looking for a new developer to join us here at RetroFuzz. We are a small, dedicated and hard-working independent design agency, working predominantly in the music and fashion industries. We are passionate about youth culture, new technology and the creative industries, and are keenly focussed on doing an amazing job for our clients first and foremost.
If you work for us, you will work as part of our growing production team on a wide variety of projects of all sizes, large and small. Our projects are many and varied, and include some of the biggest names in music and fashion, from the Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher, Lady Gaga and The Stone Roses to Lee Jeans, Eastpak and Levi's. Our developers work on everything from single page websites, Twitter, Spotify and Facebook Open Graph applications to SoundCloud and YouTube API mashups, full blown web applications and websites... And everything in between.
We are a creative company, and working so closely with our forward thinking music industry client base we have a lot of opportunities to come up with fresh ideas and put them into practice. We are always looking for new and interesting ways to involve new technology and ideas in our client campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have experience building all kinds of web projects, be fluent in modern web standards and knowledgeable about both web design principals and user experience best practices. We are looking for passionate developers with creative sensibilities. We always encourage everyone on the production team to contribute their own ideas and share their inspiration. We believe the best creative thinking is done as part of a team where everybody has a voice.
- Ability to hand-code HTML / CSS / JS that ensures cross-platform and cross-browser optimisation.
- Ability to hand-code PHP / MySQL that ensures security and scalability.
- Ability to develop relational database systems.
- Ability to integrate databases with websites where required.
- Ability to work from Photoshop files and create pixel accurate HTML/CSS code.
- A solid understanding of user interface and user experience best practices.
- A deep knowledge of browser quirks along with excellent debugging skills.
- Some understanding of JSON and APIs in general, such as Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, SoundCloud, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.
Other Desirable Skills
- Ability to setup and configure web hosting and domain names using PLESK and cPanel.
- Ability to code HTML for use in HTML email, with an understanding of the various mail client quirks.
- Experience with Flash and ability to code using ActionScript 2/3.
- Experience monitoring web server and site technical performance on high traffic websites.
- Experience integrating custom content management systems into websites.
- Experience building and deploying mobile optimised websites and iOS/Android applications.
- Experience with object-oriented principles.
- Experience working directly with clients on wire-framing and specifications for new projects.
Ideal Character Traits
- You will have a positive, self-starter attitude and a desire to exceed expectations at every turn.
- You will be self motivated and enjoy assuming responsibility for projects. You will be a strong finisher of projects, not just a strong starter.
- You will have a strong awareness of emerging technology and keep up with new developments.
- You will have the courage to contribute ideas frequently to help solve problems and develop solutions.
- You will have the courage to throw yourself in at the deep end with new technology.
- You will have a keen eye for detail.